Thursday, August 23, 2007

(F)unemployment

I apologize, fair readers, for my extended absence. [Editor's note: I am well aware that the longevity of my stint on the disabled list has, in all likelihood, depleted my readership to... well, just myself.] I've been putting off posting until I had something (anything!) of intrigue to report. But alas, as my (f)unemployment drags on, I've come to the realization that intrigue may be a while off yet.

So let's catch you up to my goings-on, shall we? Besides epic journeys to New York and Boston, I mostly sit around and try to devise ways to end said (f)unemployment. (As you may have guessed, it's not as [f]un as it sounds.) I also generally watch the back-to-back episodes of "Jeopardy!" that air on weekday afternoons. Sometimes, I get ambitious and see movies by myself in the middle of the day. (Anyone want to see "The King of Kong" with me tomorrow afternoon at the E St. Cinema? Yeah, I thought not.)

On rarer occasions, I get even more ambitious and try to supe-up my new digs with purchases off Craigslist. Yesterday, for example, I went to go pick up this guy's futon for our living room. Chris, as his name turned out to be, was nice enough to agree to help me carry said futon from his apartment, up 17th St., and to my (very) humble abode. The futon was too big for the freight elevator, so we elected to try the stairs. Oops! We got the futon wedged in the corner of the stairwell, and five minutes went by before we could free it and return it to Chris's apartment, where it remains. Sigh... I was really counting on that feeling of accomplishment I was sure to get from having my roommates come home from work to see me lounging about on brand new futon. Alas.

Also, our place has mice. And is smelly.

But things could always be worse.

4 comments:

rt said...

Welcome back, M. Smith. I find your posts highly enjoyable, and hope there will be more at ever decreasing intervals.

Barrett said...

one thing you should do while (f)unemployed is blog more often. and i don't think your blog readership has dwindled, it looks like it's holding steady at 2 (about on par with mine and torres' blogs).

Anjali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anjali said...

i will read you faithfully, 3 month disappearances or no.